Statutes of the association Czech Association of Zoos and Aquariums, r. a
Name, form and seat
The association Czech association of Zoos and Aquariums, r. a. (hereinafter the „Association“) is a legal entity established within the law No. 89/2012 Sb., of the Civil Code, as amended. The Association is registered at Masarykovo náměstí 261, 398 11 Protivín.
Character of the Association
The Association is a voluntary, non-governmental, non-profited organization of natural persons and legal persons, associating the supporters of environmentalists and animal right activists for activity of their protection, popularization of this aim and providing of the generally beneficial activity in the area of the environmental protection.
Purposes of the Association
The main purposes of the Association:
a) protection of nature and animals, which is the main purpose of the Association
b) providing of generally beneficial services (free of charge) in the area of the environmental protection.
Forms of the Association activity
The forms of the Association´s activity especially are:
a) practical activity in the cooperation with the environmental authorities and another subjects,
b) organizations of the campaigns and petition events for the nature and animal protection,
c) organization of the educational events (lectures, seminars),
d) participation in the administrative and other proceedings účast ve správních i jiných řízeních, in which the interests of nature and animals protection can be affected.
Membership in the Association
1. The member of the Association may become a natural person over the age of 18 with permanent residence in the Czech Republic or a legal person with registered office in the Czech Republic. A foreign nature or legal person may also be accepted as an associated member if it meets the condition of the associated membership.
2. Membership in the Association can be:
a) regular – a regular member can be natural or legal person, who holds a valid license for operating ZOO within the law No. 162/2003 Sb., as amended.
b) associated – an associated member can be czech natural person or legal person, who declares on honour that until 2 years will apply for a license to operate a ZOO within the law No. 162/2003 Sb., further an associated member can be czech or foreign natural person and legal person, who is in rescue or breeding project of an Association (EEP,ESB CZAZA).
3. Associated member can be accepted by the Association Committee. If the associated member meets the conditions of regular membership, can apply for admission as a regular member at the first membership meeting of the Association, organized after meeting the conditions of regular membership. An associated member have not the right to vote and can not be elected to the bodies of the Association. When representing, an associated member is obligated to let the third parties know that he is an associated member.
4. Membership arrises on the day when the membership meeting decides on the admission of the applicant on the basis of his written application. The application must contain: name and surname or company name of the applicant, pernament address / company main office, personal identification number / company registration number, telephone number and e-mail, date of filling the application and the handwritten signature of the applicant or a person authorized to act on behalf of the applicant.
5. The founding member of the Association is a natural person who participates in the activities of the preparatory committee.
6. Member of the Association has the right in particular:
a) participate in all activities of the Association, to elect its chairman or other bodies of the Association and to be elected to these bodies,
b) assess and approve reports about the activity of the Association
c) submit proposals, comments and suggestions for the activities of the Association.předkládat.
7. Member of the Association is obligatory particularly:
a) abide by the statutes,
b) defend the interests of the protection of nature, animals and the environment
c) inform the statutory body of changes in the data stated in the application.
Termination of membership
Membership terminates on the basis of notification of a member of the association on termination of membership in the association, death or termination of the member, expulsion of the member for gross violation of the statutes and if the member does not attend three consecutive membership meetings without giving reasons.
Bodies of the association
1. The bodies of the association are:
a) membership meeting
d) the chairman of the committee
2. The highest body of the association is the membership meeting, which meets at least once a year to:
a) approved any amendments to the articles of association,
b) elected members of the association committee for a five-year term of office, or removed members of the association committee,
c) elects the treasurer for a five-year period, or dismisses the treasurer,
d) accepts full members,
e) approved the report on the activities of the association and the report on management for the previous period,
f) determine the concept of the association’s activities for the next period,
g) determine the amount of membership fees,
h) approved the budget of the association for the next period,
i) elected honorary members of the association,
j) decided on the expulsion of a member of the association,
k) expel a member of the association for gross violation of the articles of association,
l) decided on the dissolution of the association with liquidation or on its transformation.
3. The meeting of the membership meeting of the association is convened by the chairman of the committee. A quorum shall exist if an absolute majority of its members attend. If the members’ meeting is unable to pass a resolution, the chairman of the committee shall convene an alternate membership meeting within one (1) month from the date of the original meeting, this repeated membership meeting has a quorum regardless of the number of members present. In the event of declaring a state of emergency by a resolution of the Government of the Czech Republic, or a pandemic situation according to the so-called pandemic law, which will make it impossible to hold a membership meeting physically, it is possible to replace it by per rollam voting, chaired by the chairman.
4. A membership meeting will be convened even if one third of the members of the association initiate the convening of the association.
5. The members’ meeting shall take decisions by a simple majority of votes. On the dissolution of the association with liquidation or its transformation according to Art. 7 par. 3 let. l) decides by a 3/4 majority, decides on the admission of a regular member unanimously.
6. The treasurer manages the treasury of the association, collects membership fees, collects membership fees, prepares documents for the tax administration and participates in all meetings of the committee of the association without the right to vote.
7. The committee is the statutory body of the association. It has 3 to 5 members, manages the activities of the association between membership meetings, elects and dismisses the chairman of the committee and accepts waiting members. The chairman of the committee acts on behalf of the committee and the association externally towards all third parties.
8. The chairman of the committee represents the association in all its matters and represents the committee externally. His term of office is five years.
Management of the association
1. The Association manages the funds obtained from membership fees in the amount approved by the membership meeting and any donations from natural and legal persons or grants received. It spends funds exclusively on acts related to the subject of the association’s activities, duly substantiated by accounting documents.
2. The chairman of the committee informs the members of the association about the results of management at each membership meeting.
3. In the event of the dissolution of the association, its property is transferred to another legal entity with a related object of activity, i.e. nature and animal protection, after the liquidation.
1. Matters not covered by these statutes shall be governed by the generally applicable law.
2. The statutes were approved by a roll call vote on May 26, 2021 at the membership meeting of. They take effect on the day of entry in the Federal Register kept at the Regional Court in České Budějovice.
In Protivín, on May 26, 2021
Ing. Miroslav Procházka, chairman of the committee